The Queens Hotel is managed by The Sutton Hotel Collection Ltd.
you use this website or stay at our hotel.
What information do we collect about you?
At various times, we will be obliged to ask you, as a customer of The Queens Hotel, for information about you and/or members of your family, such as:
▪ Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email)
▪ Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality)
▪ Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age)
▪ Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
▪ Your membership number if you are a member of any Sutton Hotel Collection
▪ Your arrival and departure dates
- Your preferences and interests (for example, preferred floor, type of bedding, type of
- newspapers/magazines, sports, cultural interests)
- ▪ Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our hotels
- The information collected in relation to persons under 18 years of age is limited to their
- name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be supplied to us by an adult.
Personal Information and what we use it for.
- Contact Details
- To manage the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests and other hotel services.
- To manage your stay at the hotel, room lists, restaurant bookings, special requests and services.
- To monitor your use of hotel services.
- To manage invoicing and payment records.
- Personal Information
- To improve hotel services, to input to our marketing programme, to assist promotion of our services, and adapting our products.
- Information relating to your children
- Limited to nationality and D.O.B. only supplied by an adult. Used to manage their stay at the hotel.
- Credit Card Number
- To guarantee bookings and to take payment.
- Loyalty Membership Number
- To record use of services and supply rewards where applicable.
- Arrival and Departure dates
- To manage your hotel booking.
- Preferences and Interests
- To enhance customers, stay at our hotel and to customise and improve the services we offer.
- Device technical details
- To manage the provision of services at our properties that you may wish to connect to, such as: wifi, room TVs.
- Questions / Comments
- To collect feedback to improve our services and monitor customer experience.
You have rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the relevant supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can contact the ICO via their web-form at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or call the ICO helpline on +44 (0)303 123 1113.
We use your information in a number of different ways, primarily to fulfill a contract and also provide excellent service to our customers — what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we use the information we collect for.
Keeping your information
We will hold on to your information for as long as you have a booking with us, and for as long
as is necessary to provide support-related reporting.
We will also hold on to your information If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or
regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms
and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even if it is
no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Our Legal Basis for using your personal information.
We only process your personal information when we have a legal basis to do so. This
depends on the purpose of the processing
We use the following lawful basis to process your data;
To allow us to fulfill our contract with you. We need to collect and process your
personal information to supply and administer services. Objecting to providing this
information may mean we will be unable to provide services to you.
We will sometimes need your personal information to comply with existing legal or
To allow us to manage and protect our business interests and supply, improve and
tailor our services.
We may request your consent to process your personal information, you will always
be able to remove this consent. If you remove consent, we will stop processing your
How we secure your information
The Queens Hotel takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are aligned with widely accepted international standards, we apply the controls detailed in the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard to all environments storing personal
data. These standards are applied and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
Policies and procedures
▪ We have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorised
access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data
▪ We have a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy that is designed to safeguard the continuity of our service to our clients and to protect our people and assets
▪ We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal information
▪ We implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
▪ We conduct Privacy Impact Assessments in accordance with legal requirements and our business policies
Training for employees and contractors
▪ We require privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees and contractors who have access to personal information and other sensitive data
▪ We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions
Vendor risk management
▪ We require, through the use of contracts and security reviews, our third-party
vendors and providers to protect any personal information with which they are
entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt-out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other members of The Sutton Hotel Collection Ltd. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
There are three types of cookies used on this website:
These are temporary cookies that only remain until your browser is closed. They are used by our web application in order to maintain the information relating to your transaction from page to page following any input, such as when a form is completed over several screens.
Web Analytics Cookies
These cookies are used to help us compile anonymous statistics in order to improve and manage our sites. An example of the information collected would be the path you used to gain access to the site and your patterns of browsing when navigating the site.
These cookies allow the site to remember how you have answered a question in order to change the content displayed to you. For example, if you have already taken a survey, this cookie will ensure you are not asked again.
Changes to how we protect your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use our services
How to contact us
▪ Have any questions or feedback about this notice.
▪ Would like us to stop using your information.
▪ Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above or have a complaint.
You can contact our privacy team by emailing us at:
The Queens Hotel Data Protection Team
Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
The Queens Hotel Data Protection Team
The Queens Hotel